Managing Cyber Risk: A Primer for All Businesses
Tuesday, May 5, 2015
The Century House, 997 New Loudon Road, Latham, NY 12110
Registration and breakfast at 8 a.m.
Privacy and cybersecurity risks—including the theft of data or intellectual property, the loss of a laptop or other electronic device, the mistaken release of a customer’s personal information, or a cyberattack causing a data breach—can lead to costly business interruptions and damage to a company’s hard-earned reputation. Proactive planning and risk assessment are key, but when faced with one of these risks, a company’s response is critical to protecting its customers from harm and the company itself from liability. At this seminar, attorneys from Hodgson Russ’s Privacy, Data Breach & Cybersecurity Practice will walk through “real-life” scenarios and discuss how to manage cyber risks in today’s global marketplace.
Topics will include:
• Legal obligations of all businesses, large and small, to protect data and information
• What to expect and how to prepare for future government regulation
• Practical legal strategies for managing cyber risk
• What to do if you discover a cyber breach
• Cyber-liability insurance: what is it, what does it cover, and should your company have it?
Jennifer Boll, Michelle Merola, Gary Schober, and Richard Weisz
This seminar is complimentary. Seating is limited.