A Refresher Course on Intellectual Property
Bar Association of Erie County, 438 Main Street, Sun Room Auditorium, Buffalo NY
April 28, 2016
9:00 a.m. - 12:50 p.p.
Jordan L. Walbesser, Esq., Hodgson Russ, LLP, Chair, Intellectual Property Committee
- Let’s Get on the Same Page About Intellectual Property
A Brief Rundown of Patents, Trademarks, Copyrights, and Trade Secrets.
Sallie G. Randolph, Esq., Randolph Law Offices
- Innovation and the Gender Gap (A Panel Discussion)
Mindy Bickel, USPTO Associate Commissioner for Innovation Development
Jamie Simpson, USPTO Senior Advisor to the Undersecretary and Director
Ranjana Kadle, Hodgson Russ LLP
Jessica Copeland (moderator) Hodgson Russ LLP
- Domain Name Litigation is on the Rise
How to defend your clients’ rights through the Uniform Domain-Name Dispute Resolution Policy (UDRP).
Charles van Ee, Simpson & Simpson PLLC
- Intellectual Property Law Often Requires Technical Expertise
Ethics issues when working with intellectual Property
Ellen S. Simpson, Esq., Simpson & Simpson PLLC
- A Client Calls You With Your First Intellectual Property Matter - What’s Your First Step?
Why your first action might be to take a look at your client’s insurance policy for coverage.
Stuart B. Shapiro, Esq., Shapiro Law Offices
- Intellectual Property is an Afterthought for Due Diligence
A brief overview of IP protection, how to identify due diligence needs, and agreements that should be reviewed.
Brendan S. Lillis, Esq., Phillips Lytle LLP