State Tax Developments: Legislation, Policies, and Enforcement Trends
Join us to learn what every business and tax practitioner needs to know about recent developments regarding New York State taxes and tax administration. This seminar will focus on important new legislation; hot sales and income tax issues; and key developments relating to tax administration, audit priorities and procedures, state tax enforcement, and tax appeals.
189 Wolf Road, Albany, New York
8:30 - 10:30 a.m.
Registration and continental breakfast begin at 8 a.m.
Tax Administration and Legislation
- E-Filing rules and changes
- How E-ZRep Form TR-2000 makes dealing with the Tax Department easier than ever
- New standards of conduct, educational requirements, and minimal qualifications for tax return preparers
Audit, Enforcement, and Appeals
- How sophisticated audit selection techniques and aggressive enforcement have increased dangers for practitioners and taxpayers
- New worries for taxpayers as whistleblowers become part of tax enforcement
- Saving taxpayers money and grief through New York?s Voluntary Disclosure Program
- News from the Division of Tax Appeals
Who should attend: CPAs, CEOs, CFOs, COOs, corporate counsel, and tax and financial advisors