NYC Cleantech Opportunities
5 - 9 p.m.
The Offices of Hodgson Russ LLP
1540 Broadway, 24th Floor, New York, NY
(Entrance on 45th Street, East of Broadway)
Don't miss this opportunity to talk cleantech with industry insiders and discover exciting prospects for investment or collaboration.
Our keynote speaker is Sanford J. Selman, managing director of Asia West LLC. Mr. Selman is a highly experienced financial executive with more than 30 years of domain experience in food, water, and energy. He is a specialist in the development of infrastructure and technology on a global scale and works extensively with venture- and private equity-backed companies as a board member, strategic advisor, and, in troubled situations, operating executive. In 2002, Mr. Selman founded an early-stage venture fund with a unique focus on investing in companies in North America and Europe possessing proprietary technology that is commercially and environmentally relevant to China and India. Over the past decade, Mr. Selman has guided his portfolio companies over the often bumpy path from bench-scale technology experiments to viable, profitable global enterprises. This experience provides rich context on the challenges and opportunities associated with investing in and managing cleantech companies, especially those who have not yet achieved cash flow breakeven. Mr. Selman holds a master of business administration degree in finance and investments from The George Washington University and a bachelor of science degree in mechanical engineering, with distinction, from Worcester Polytechnic Institute.
Additional presentations by:
- SOMS Technologies LLC produces the microGreen engine oil filter. The microGreen oil filter replaces a conventional oil filter assembly without requiring any modifications to the engine or filter housing. By continuously filtering a small portion of the engine oil through the patented microfilter system, the microGreen system allows vehicles to operate up to 30,000 miles without changing the engine oil. MicroGreen is a registered trademark.
- Skystream Markets is an institutional transaction platform for the environmental markets. Skystream Markets' proprietary trading systems have been developed and launched in close consultation with major institutional market participants, including renewable power producers, utilities, energy trading companies, and investment banks. A technology leader in the field, Skystream Markets offers full automation across the trade cycle: execution, trade capture, processing, and reporting. Operating a pure agency model that does not take principal risk, Skystream Markets offers clients robust and innovative transaction mechanisms that are currently lacking in the environmental markets.
- ZeroTruck Corp. is a developer and producer of commercial electric trucks for public and private fleet operators. It is the only electric manufacturer that uses a U.S.-built motor and battery pack. A ZeroTruck electric drive integration system (EDIS) converts class 3-5 trucks to run on electric power with a highway speed of 70 mph and up to 100 miles per battery charge using made-in-the-United-States advanced lithium battery technology. This range is ideal for the medium-duty market, as most usage for this type of vehicle is less than 100 miles per day using dozens of body configurations.
5 - 5:30 p.m. - Registration
5:30 - 6:15 p.m. - Cocktail and networking reception
6:15 - 6:25 p.m. - Introduction
Daniel A. Spitzer, partner, Hodgson Russ LLP
6:25 - 7 p.m. Keynote speaker
Sanford J. Selman, managing director, Asia West LLC
7 - 7:45 p.m. Presentations from
- Miles Flamenbaum, founder and president, SOMS Technologies
- Kapil Mohendra, co-founder, Skystream Markets
- Rich Serio, CEO, ZeroTruck Corp.
7:45 - 9 p.m. Networking
This program is complimentary. Space is limited. Register today!
Who should attend: Investors and anyone interested in the cleantech industry
Registration subject to verification of credentials. We do not accept registrations from individuals or companies that we deem to offer competitive services.