NYC Cleantech Opportunities
5 - 9 p.m.
The Offices of Hodgson Russ LLP
1540 Broadway, 24th Floor, New York, NY
(Entrance on 45th Street, East of Broadway)
Don't miss this opportunity to talk cleantech with industry insiders and discover exciting prospects for investment or collaboration.
Our keynote speaker is Patrick O'Neill, director of investments at Connecticut Innovations. Patrick leads CI investments in the clean technology, industrial/energy technologies, life sciences, software, and digital media sectors. Patrick currently serves on the boards of Skystream Markets and SmartEquip, and is a board observer for Emme and RemoteReality Corp. Previously, Patrick was a project manager for the Connecticut Clean Energy Fund's On-Site Renewable Distributed Generation Program and Project 100, where he provided financial and technical analysis of various renewable energy projects. Patrick's experience also includes tenures at UTC Power, Duke Engineering and Services (now Areva NP Inc.), and Yankee Atomic Electric Corporation. Patrick holds a master's degree in business administration from New York University's Stern School of Business, a master's degree in mechanical engineering from Worcester Polytechnic Institute, and a bachelor of science degree in nuclear engineering from the University of Massachusetts at Lowell. Additionally, Patrick is a licensed professional engineer in the state of Connecticut.
Additional presentations by:
- Verdant Power Inc. is a world leader in the marine and hydrokinetic (MHK) industry. Verdant Power systems utilize underwater turbines to convert tidal and river currents into electricity without the use of dams or other impoundments. In 2012, Verdant Power?s Roosevelt Island Tidal Energy (RITE) project was awarded the first commercial license ever for a tidal power project in the United States. Through this and other initiatives worldwide, Verdant Power has developed industry-leading capabilities in the areas of MHK device design, demonstration, and operation, as well as resource assessment and environmental monitoring at MHK project sites.
- Quanta Technologies Inc. is a cleantech company that develops and markets advanced coating technologies and products for the energy efficiency and renewable energy industries. The company was founded in 2009 by three material and chemical industry veterans seeking to create a global, industry-leading technology company.
- United Wind provides clean, renewable energy to property owners nationwide. The company is the leader in providing low-cost electricity through its unique WindLease platform, which enables property owners to immediately save on energy costs by leasing a wind turbine as well as lock in their rates to protect against rising costs. Founded on the belief that wind energy must be affordable to compete with conventional energy sources, United Wind provides customers with wind energy options that make sense for today and into the future.
5 - 5:30 p.m. - Registration
5:30 - 6:15 p.m. - Cocktail and networking reception
6:15 - 6:25 p.m. - Introduction
Daniel A. Spitzer, partner, Hodgson Russ LLP
6:25 - 7 p.m. Keynote speaker
Patrick O'Neill, director of investments, Connecticut Innovations
7 - 7:45 p.m. Presentations from
- Ronald F. Smith, co-founder and president, Verdant Power Inc
- John D. Siegel, chief operating officer, Quanta Technologies, Inc.
- Russell Tencer, founder and CEO, United Wind
7:45 - 9 p.m. Networking
This program is complimentary. Space is limited. Register today.
Who should attend: Investors and anyone interested in the cleantech industry
Registration subject to verification of credentials. We do not accept registrations from individuals or companies that we deem to offer competitive services.