International Trade Regulation and Export Compliance Seminar
5:30 – 7 p.m.
The Offices of Hodgson Russ, 1540 Broadway, 24th Floor, New York, NY
Registration at 5 p.m. Networking reception to follow.
This program will examine recent trends in trade litigation and offer practical advice about how companies can use antidumping and countervailing laws to their advantage to protect a domestic industry from the threat of cheap imports. It will also provide an overview of key regulatory issues in U.S. export law.
Topics will include:
- Basics of antidumping laws and regulations
- President Obama’s newly created Interagency Trade Enforcement Center to enforce trade laws
- Clean energy trade litigation, with a focus on the recent high-profile solar-panel and wind-tower cases
- Determining which export regulations govern your business
- The meaning of the word “export” under U.S. regulations
- The essentials of an effective export compliance program
Who should attend: CEOs, CFOs, COOs, and corporate counsel