The Evolving Cyber Threat: What You Need to Know to Protect Your Customers and Your Business
8:30 - 10:30 a.m.
The Offices of Hodgson Russ
The Guaranty Building
140 Pearl Street, Buffalo, NY
Privacy and cybersecurity risks—including the theft of data or intellectual property, the loss of a laptop or other electronic device, the mistaken release of a customer’s personal information, or a cyberattack causing a data breach—can lead to costly business interruptions and damage to a company’s hard-earned reputation.
Proactive planning and risk assessment are key, but when faced with one of these risks, a company’s response is critical to protecting its customers from harm and the company itself from liability. At this seminar, Hodgson Russ Privacy, Data Breach & Cybersecurity Practice attorneys will discuss how to manage cyber risks in today’s global marketplace.
- Data collection, retention, and protection, including HIPAA and U.S.-E.U. Safe Harbor compliance
- Cybersecurity and incident-response plans: What to do when a data or security breach happens
- Recent developments in privacy and security
- Recent security attacks: What lessons can be learned?
- Cyber-liability insurance: What is it, what does it cover, and should your company have it?