- New York
- U.S. Tax Court
- U.S. Supreme Court
B.A., with distinction, M.A., Stanford University
M.A., University of Illinois
J.D., summa cum laude, SUNY Buffalo School of Law
Dianne serves as a mediator in cases before the U.S. District Court for the Western District of New York. Earlier in her career, she had an extensive employee benefits and international practice, counseling entities from small businesses to international companies and from business owners to senior executives of multinational companies with respect to their personal U.S. income and U.S. estate tax planning issues.
From 1998 to 2004, Dianne served as president and then co-chair and chair of Hodgson Russ. She was the only woman in the country to lead an AmLaw 250 law firm.
- Charter fellow, American College of Employee Benefits Counsel
- Listed, Best Lawyers in America since its inception in the Tax and Employee Benefits categories
- Numerous local awards, from organizations such as the Buffalo News, Everywoman Opportunity Center, YWCA of Western New York, and Planned Parenthood of Western New York
Dianne served as legislation attorney on the staff of the U.S. Congress Joint Committee on Taxation from 1976-77 and as attorney-advisor in the Office of Tax Legislative Counsel of the U.S. Department of Treasury from 1977-78. She also previously served as chair of the Judicial Screening Committee for the Fourth Department and for several years taught the required introductory tax course at SUNY Buffalo Law School.
- Taxation of Distributions From Qualified PlansWarren, Gorham, and LamontRIA Group
- American College of Tax Counsel
- American Law Institute
Community & Pro Bono
- University at Buffalo Foundation board of directors
- Co-founder and Steering Committee member, Women’s TAP Fund