- New York
- U.S. District Judge John T. Curtin, 1971-73
A.B., Hamilton College
J.D., Yale Law School
Chris served as the firm’s opinion partner for more than two decades and is experienced in all aspects of opinion practice, particularly in the context of multijurisdictional and cross-border acquisitions and financings. He frequently works with law firms in other states and Canada on opinions regarding New York State law.
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Listed, Best Lawyers in America (Banking and Finance Law, Financial Services Regulation Law)
- Listed, Upstate New York Super Lawyers, 2011 - 2016
- Best Lawyers' Buffalo Banking and Finance Law Lawyer of the Year, 2012
Chris frequently works with law firms in other states and Canada to provide opinion letters as to matters of U.S. law, particularly New York State law, in major acquisition and financing transactions.
- Sixty-three Hodgson Russ Attorneys Named to 2016 Upstate New York Super Lawyers, Hugh Russ Listed Among Top 50Press Release, August 31, 2016
- News Release, August 18, 2016
- Sixty-Four Hodgson Russ Attorneys Named to 2015 Upstate New York Super Lawyers, Hugh Russ Listed Among Top 50Press Release, August 19, 2015
- Fifty-Five Hodgson Russ Attorneys Named to Best Lawyers 2016, Five Honored as Buffalo 'Lawyers of the Year'Press Release, August 17, 2015
- Press Release, August 14, 2014
- August 28, 2013
- August 28, 2013
- August 30, 2012
- October 17, 2011
- Nonprofit Law Firm Seeks Mortgage DataBuffalo Business First, April 7, 2005
- Banks Apprehensive About Mortgage DataBuffalo Business First, February 25, 2005
- Hodgson Russ Attorney to Host Visit of German ConsulBuffalo Law Journal, April 19, 2004
Chris is a member of the Lawyers Advisory Committee of the New York Bankers Association and of the TriBar Opinion Committee, which is comprised of representatives of a number of bar associations and has issued numerous widely recognized reports on opinion practice. He is a member of the Committee on Legal Opinions and the Committee on Consumer Financial Services of the Section of Business Law of the American Bar Association and the Banking Law Committee of the Business Law Section of the New York State Bar Association. He is a past chairman of the Banking Law Committee of the Bar Association of Erie County.
Community & Pro Bono
Chris is the honorary consul for the Federal Republic of Germany in Western New York.