- New York
B.S., magna cum laude, Iona College
J.D., cum laude, Fordham University School of Law
Darcy has more than 25 years of experience assisting clients with complex trust, estate, and tax issues. Her experience includes estate and tax planning, drafting wills and trust agreements, administering estates and trusts, and representing clients in Surrogate's Court. She also handles formation of family limited liability companies and advises trust companies on fiduciary issues.
In light of the complexity of the work she performs, Darcy makes a point of and has become adept at distilling complicated legal concepts related to trusts, estates, and tax into their simplest, most digestible forms for her clients. Darcy also brings to the table strong problem-solving skills that have repeatedly enabled her to remedy what had been seemingly intractable issues.
Prior to joining Hodgson Russ, Darcy was quoted in the New York Times article, "In Astor Trial, a Lesson for Estate Lawyers," published October 25, 2009.
- Listed, New York Metro Super Lawyers, 2012-2016
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Rating
- Former member, Fordham Law Review
- Press Release, October 5, 2016
- Press Release, September 16, 2015
- Press Release, August 14, 2014
- August 2013
- May 6, 2011
- New York, NY, January 29, 2014
- Westchester/Southern Connecticut Chapter of the Association of Corporate Counsel Seminar: Sandwich Generation - Taking Care of Your Family & Your ParentsGreenwich, CT, July 10, 2013
- New Rochelle, NY, April 19, 2013
- New York, NY, April 20, 2012
- June & July 2011
- Proposed Regulations May Substantially Reduce the Availability of Valuation Discounts for Interfamily Transfers of Business InterestsEstate Planning Alert, August 18, 2016
- New York State Bar Association, July 1, 2016
- JD Supra, April 4, 2014
- JD Supra, January 28, 2014
- New York Law Journal, January 21, 2014
- Tax Stringer, July 2013
- Federal/International Tax Alert, January 4, 2013
Darcy is a fellow of the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel (ACTEC). She is also a member-at-large of the Executive Committee, vice chair of the Estate Administration Committee, and a former chair of the Estate Planning Committee of the New York State Bar Association Trusts and Estates Law Section.
Community & Pro Bono
- Participant, Iona College Offices of Alumni Relations, Career Development, and Student Development “Meet a Career Mentor” event, November 2012 & 2013
- Mamaroneck School Board Selection Committee, 2010-11