Areas of Practice
- New York
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of New York
B.S., mechanical engineering, University at Buffalo, State University of New York
J.D., SUNY Buffalo Law School
George is a registered patent attorney who has been practicing intellectual property (IP) law since 1993. He manages intellectual property portfolios and develops worldwide protection strategies for corporate clients. His practice includes patent freedom-to-operate opinions, preparation and prosecution of patent and trademark applications, technical support for intellectual property litigation, due diligence investigations related to intellectual property, and intellectual property licensing.
For corporate clients, George works directly with in-house counsel and IP managers to help meet the needs of upper management. He takes a hands-on approach to understanding the competitive landscape facing each client, and he provides practical advice with the client’s business goals in mind. He enjoys visiting clients’ manufacturing and engineering operations, and views this as a key element for successful representation. He has extensive experience in a wide variety of mechanical and electro-mechanical technologies, including medical devices, motion control systems, CNC machines, optics and optical systems, and waste processing equipment.
Prior to law school, George worked as an industrial engineer and computer programmer, providing support for the operation of numerically controlled machine tools at a local business specializing in precision machining of metal and plastic parts.
- Intellectual Due Dilligence to Complete Acquisition
- Medical Device Patent Portfolio Management
- Patent Infringement Lawsuit Involving Amusement Park Rides
- Patent Infringement Lawsuit Involving Automated Fabric-Cutting Machines
- Patent Infringement Lawsuit Involving Fastening Systems for Aircraft Assembly
- Patent Infringement Lawsuit Involving Package-Tracking Devices
- U.S. Patent & Trademark Filings for German Microscope Manufacturer
- Buffalo, NY, March 29, 2012
- Buffalo, NY, October 6, 2011
- Buffalo, NY, October 26, 2004
- Smarter Way to Cross Blog Archives, June 24, 2013
- Buffalo Law Journal, May 31, 2007
George contributed to the archived Hodgson Russ Canada/U.S. cross-border blog, Smarter Way to Cross. His entries can be found on the Publications page.
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Bar Association of Erie County (former chair, Intellectual Property Law Committee)
- Former president, Niagara Frontier Intellectual Property Law Association
Community & Pro Bono
- Daemen College Paralegal Studies Advisory Committee