- New York
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Southern, Eastern, and Western Districts of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
B.A., cum laude, State University of New York at Geneseo
J.D., cum laude, SUNY Buffalo Law School
Jim focuses his practice on commercial litigation, foreclosure, and restructuring. He has over a decade’s experience representing clients in both out-of-court restructurings as well as bankruptcy proceedings. His advisory work includes buying and selling assets in distressed situations and representing debtors and creditors in Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings in New York State and across the United States.
- Greater Syracuse 40 Under Forty Award, 2008
- Thomas E. Headrick Award in Corporate Finance, SUNY Buffalo Law School
- In re Agway, Inc.; Case No. 02-65872: Jim represented the debtor and subsequently appointed liquidating trustee in one of the largest agricultural cooperatives in the Northeast.
- In re Paul Rosa, Inc. d/b/a Rosa’s Home Stores, a/k/a Rosa’s Superstores, a/k/a Rosa’s Home Center; Case No. 10-15205: Jim represented secured creditor in a Chapter 11 liquidation.
- In re Crawford Furniture Manufacturing Corporation; Case No. 11-12945 and In re Crawford Furniture Retail Outlet, Inc.; Case No. 11-12946: Jim represented a secured creditor in a Chapter 11 liquidation.
- In re TLC Health Network; Case No. 13-13294-CLB: Jim represented an affiliated hospital in providing debtor-in-possession (DIP) lending facility.
- In re Suffolk Regional Off-Track Betting Corporation; Case No. 12-43503-CEC: Jim represented PNC Bank in connection with post-petition lender in chapter 9 municipal bankruptcy.
- April 21, 2015
- International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC) Canadian Law Conference: Dealing With U.S.-Based TenantsToronto, ON, April 14, 2015
- Canadian Shopping Centre Law Conference: Dealing with U.S.-based TenantsToronto, ON, April 14, 2014
- Admissible and Persuasive Valuations of Debtors-in-PossessionNew York Law Journal, May 20, 2013
- Bankruptcy, Restructuring & Commercial Litigation Alert, August 28, 2012
- Bankruptcy, Restructuring & Commercial Litigation Alert, September 21, 2011
New York State Bar Association
- Chair, Bar Association of Erie County Commercial and Bankruptcy Law Committee
- Former trustee, Central New York Bankruptcy Bar Association
Community & Pro Bono
Jim is a member of Credit Abuse Resistance Education (C.A.R.E.) and educates high school students on responsible use of credit cards and avoidance of bankruptcy.