Areas of Practice
- New York
- U.S. District Courts for the Western, Eastern, and Southern Districts of New York
- New York State Court of Appeals, 1996-98
B.S., Cornell University, College of Industrial and Labor Relations
J.D., magna cum laude, Syracuse University College of Law
Jason concentrates his practice on complex civil litigation in both the trial and appellate courts. His practice encompasses general commercial and business disputes, corporate and partnership disputes, construction defects, insurance coverage, and general personal injury and insurance defense. He has written and argued numerous appeals in the New York State appellate courts.
Jason also devotes a significant portion of his practice to Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA) consulting, regulatory compliance counseling, and the defense and management of OSHA inspections and whistleblower claims. He has represented manufacturers, construction contractors, sawmills, dairies, nonprofits, coating and dipping facilities, warehouse operators, supermarkets, fabricators, machine shops, trenchers, hospitals, nursing homes, and other businesses. He has published a number of articles regarding OSHA enforcement practices and strategies for mitigating OSHA exposures.
Jason’s multidisciplinary practice combines knowledge from several subject matter areas to facilitate a multifaceted approach to lawyering. He draws upon the interplay of insights, concepts, and experiences from each practice area, which enables a holistic approach to analyzing legal problems and developing strategies tailored to each client.
Jason is OSHA 10-Hour Construction Safety & Health certified.
- Listed, Upstate New York Super Lawyers, 2007 and 2011-2015
- Former computer editor, Syracuse Law Review
- Justinian Honorary Law Society
- Sixty-Four Hodgson Russ Attorneys Named to 2015 Upstate New York Super Lawyers, Hugh Russ Listed Among Top 50Press Release, August 19, 2015
- Press Release, August 14, 2014
- August 2013
- January 10, 2007
- Environmental Health and Safety Enforcement - Preparing For and Handling Government Regulatory and Enforcement ContactHodgson Russ LLP, The Guaranty Building, Buffalo, NY, November 16, 2016
- Buffalo Marriott Niagara, 1340 Millersport Highway, Amherst, NY, November 3, 2016
- Amherst, NY, November 1, 2012
- Buffalo, NY, March 2010
- Client Alert, August 8, 2016
- OSHA Expands Mandatory Reporting Requirements to Encompass Individual Employee Hospitalizations, Amputations, and Eye LossHodgson Russ Alert, September 23, 2014
- JD Supra, April 2, 2014
- Texting and Distracted Driving and Working: Employer Liabilities Under OSHA, Tort, and Criminal Laws (OMG!)October 4, 2013
- Lawyers Weekly, July 5, 2013
- OSHA Alert, June 7, 2013
- May 10, 2013
- New York Law Journal, November 20, 2012
- Divining a Statute of Limitations for the Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification (WARN) Act: Application of State Statutes of Limitations vs. the NLRA Six-Month Statute of LimitationsDetroit College of Law Review, January 1, 1995
- American Society of Safety Engineers