Areas of Practice
- New York
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Southern, and Eastern Districts of New York
B.A., Union College
J.D., cum laude, New York Law School
Jillian has substantial trial experience litigating both civil and criminal matters in a variety of federal jurisdictions as well as New York State. Her diverse practice includes white collar criminal defense, trusts and estate litigation, and insurance coverage disputes. She has defended both individuals and corporations in government investigations, including investigations by the New York State Attorney General’s Office and the U.S. Attorney’s office. She also regularly practices in Surrogate's Court handling a variety of matters involving contested accounting proceedings, wills, and other estate controversies. In addition, Jillian has trial experience in insurance coverage disputes.
Jillian has also handled a variety of complex civil litigation matters, including defending businesses and their executives against claims of accounting malpractice and breach of contract and related theories.
Prior to joining Hodgson Russ, Jillian was an associate at a large international law firm headquartered in New York City.
- Pro Bono Advocate Award from New York Lawyers for the Public Interest, 2008
- Faculty Award for Outstanding Service to the New York Law School Law Review, 2005
- Former managing editor, New York Law School Law Review
- Press Release, January 10, 2017
- July 16, 2008
- Vice Chair, Estate Litigation Committee of the NYSBA Trusts and Estates Law Section
- Program Committee Member, National Association of Women Lawyers
Community & Pro Bono
Jillian is a member of the President's Council for Defenders of Wildlife, a charitable organization dedicated to wildlife conservation. She is also a member of the New York Civil Liberties Union.