- New York
- Judge James C. Hill, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
B.A., summa cum laude, University of Notre Dame
J.D., Yale Law School
Paul has nearly 25 years of experience at Hodgson Russ working with private- and public-sector clients, environmental consultants, architects, accountants, and fellow attorneys on a wide variety of matters involving environmental, transactional, and project development issues. He enjoys working with clients and professionals to formulate and implement strategies to work through issues to bring projects to successful conclusions, whether construction projects, permitting, remedial actions, transactions, or dispute resolutions.
Paul has worked on multimillion-dollar school district, university, medical, sports facility, manufacturing, and architectural-tourism developments. He has extensive experience in environmental impact reviews under the State Environmental Quality Review Act (SEQRA) and with the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation; the New York State Office of Parks, Recreation, and Historic Preservation; the New York State Education Department; the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency; and the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers on environmental impact issues, including wetlands, cultural resources, and traffic.
Paul also advises clients on permitting and regulatory compliance matters, hazardous waste and petroleum cleanups, and environmental risk assessment and management associated with transactions. This includes counseling Canadian-based clients on various cross-border development and regulatory matters.
- Acquisition of More Than 500 Bank Branches Representing $6.5 Billion in Deposits
- Buffalo Sabres’ HARBORCENTER Project
- Clean Up of Hazardous Waste Sites
- Environmental and Development Services for Large Life Sciences Manufacturer
- Federal Tax Issues Pertaining to Sale of Building With Outstanding Tax-Exempt Bonds
- Property and Business Transactions for Private- and Public-Sector Clients
- Represented European-Owned Client in Major U.S. Acquisition
- School District Capital Improvement Projects
- State and Federal Wetland Identification and Permitting
- Buffalo, NY, January 17, 2014
- Buffalo, NY, January 18, 2013
- Buffalo, NY, March 30, 2011
- Buffalo, NY, March 26, 2009
- SchoolNet Blog Archives, May 19, 2014
- Environment & Energy Alert, March 27, 2012
- April 8, 2011
Paul contributed to the archived Hodgson Russ SchoolNET blog. His entries can be found on the Publications page.
- Past chair, United States Law Firm Group Environmental Law Section
- Air and Waste Management Association
Community & Pro Bono
- Williamsville Girls Varsity Hockey and Field Hockey Booster Clubs
- Amherst and Rochester Youth Hockey Associations