Areas of Practice
- New York
B.A., Franklin & Marshall College
M.B.A., University at Buffalo, State University of New York
J.D., cum laude, Albany Law School of Union University
A significant portion of Paul’s practice involves representing private companies, both domestically and internationally, in complex acquisitions and disposition transactions such as mergers, joint ventures, asset and stock sales, and private equity investments. These transactions have involved companies operating in a variety of industries, such as wood flooring sales and distribution; hardwood and lumber sales and distribution; the manufacture and sale of polyurethane products; the manufacture and sale of drink coasters; the rent-to-own industry; the waste management industry; and the distribution of confectionary, chocolate, and specialty products.
Paul also provides general corporate and contract advice, including distribution agreements, sales representative agreements, license agreements, and employment agreements, both domestically and internationally, for clients involved in various industries, including specialty chemical manufacturing, third-party health care providers, and several tool and die manufacturers. In addition, he advises numerous closely held companies in a variety of areas, including succession planning, shareholders agreements, ownership transfers, estate planning, and exit strategies.
Paul is a member of Hodgson Russ's board of directors and previously served on Hodgson Russ's Committee for Attorney Recruiting, Development, and Diversity.
- Listed, Best Lawyers in America (Corporate Law)
- Leadership Buffalo Class of 2007
- Former member, Albany Law Review
- News Release, August 18, 2016
- Fifty-Five Hodgson Russ Attorneys Named to Best Lawyers 2016, Five Honored as Buffalo 'Lawyers of the Year'Press Release, August 17, 2015
- August 28, 2013
- August 29, 2012
- Buffalo, NY, July 26, 2016
- Council of American States in Canada Seminar: Canadian Business Expansion Into the U.S.: A Case Study Analysis of U.S. Business, Tax, Banking, and Immigration IssuesMississauga, ON, June 2, 2009
- September 16, 2010
- Buffalo Niagara Partnership board of directors
- Bar Association of Erie County
- Former chair, Bar Association of Erie County Corporation Law Committee, 2000-02
Community & Pro Bono
- Junior Achievement of Western New York board of directors
- Mathewson McCarthy Baseball board of directors