Areas of Practice
- New York
B.A.Sc., summa cum laude, McMaster University
M.A., McMaster University
J.D., University of Toronto, Faculty of Law
Timothy’s practice focuses on cross-border securities and financing transactions.
Prior to joining Hodgson Russ, Timothy was an associate at Latham & Watkins in New York City, where he represented issuers and underwriters in both public and private capital markets transactions, including high yield debt and cross-border, multijurisdictional transactions. He has also acquired substantial experience in advising public companies and Canadian foreign private issuers on their reporting obligations under U.S. securities laws. During his time in New York, Timothy also completed a six-month secondment at Barclays, where he provided legal support to the bank's leveraged finance practice with a particular focus on credit agreements, bank/bridge commitment letters, and syndicated loan documents.
Timothy speaks Cantonese and Mandarin Chinese.
- September 11, 2014
- Smarter Way to Cross Blog Archives, January 3, 2017
- Smarter Way to Cross Blog Archives, October 25, 2016
- Smarter Way to Cross Blog Archives, July 7, 2016
- Smarter Way to Cross Blog Archives, February 26, 2016
- ‘Excuse Me, While I Kiss the [Blue] Sky’: Common State Securities Law Considerations Applicable to U.S. Private Offerings by Canadian IssuersSmarter Way to Cross Blog Archives, December 15, 2015
- Smarter Way to Cross Blog Archives, June 10, 2015
- Smarter Way to Cross Blog Archives, January 28, 2015
- Canada-U.S. Cross-Border Alert, January 26, 2015
Timothy contributed to the archived Hodgson Russ cross-border blog, Smarter Way to Cross. His entries can be found on the Publications page.
Community & Pro Bono
Timothy has undertaken several pro bono representations, including asylum, immigration and housing discrimination cases.