Areas of Practice
- New York
B.A., University of Dayton
J.D., SUNY Buffalo Law School
As leader of the firm's Health Law Practice, Brigid provides counsel to health care clients including hospital systems, single and multi-specialty medical practices, urgent care centers and physicians on structural, regulatory and reimbursement issues related to mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, complex contractual arrangements and other affiliations and collaborative efforts.
Brigid also assists physicians with the purchase and sale of medical practices and medical practice formation, including creation of organizational and governance documents, filing documentation, and obtaining proper approvals from appropriate state departments.
Brigid regularly provides counsel to both in-state and out-of-state clients on New York State corporate practice of medicine rules and requirements for compliance, including structuring “friendly P.C.” relationships and management service organization models.
In addition, she advises a wide range of health industry clients on evolving health care delivery models including accountable care organizations (ACO) and the Delivery System Reform Incentive Payment (DSRIP) program.
Brigid has extensive experience in assisting clients with corporate compliance program development, audits and effectiveness reviews.
Prior to joining Hodgson Russ, Brigid practiced health law as a partner at a midsize regional law firm. She also served for ten years as general counsel and chief compliance officer at UB|MD Physicians Group, and for four years advised the county hospital and nursing home as an assistant county attorney for Erie County, New York. In addition, Brigid served as a board member on the University at Buffalo Health Sciences Institutional Review Board (IRB) for eight years.
- News Release, July 28, 2016
- Press Release, February 12, 2015
- The Offices of Hodgson Russ LLP, 140 Pearl Street, Buffalo NY, October 6, 2016
- Legal Considerations for Developing a 21st Century Health Care Delivery Model: Issues and Possible SolutionsDecember 9, 2015
- Stark Law Do's and Don'ts: Best Practices for Physician Financial RelationshipsJoint Compliance SeminarMay 19, 2015
- Relief in Sight for New York Nonprofits with Prospect of Additional Amendments to the Nonprofit Revitalization Act of 2013Tax-Exempt Organizations Alert, July 28, 2016
- Tax-Exempt Organizations Alert, December 15, 2015
- New York State Bar Association
- Bar Association of Erie County
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Health Care Compliance Association
- SUNY Buffalo Law School Alumni Association GOLD board of directors (past)
Community & Pro Bono
- Olmstead Center for Sight Board of Directors
- Buffalo Orienteering Club
- University at Buffalo School of Medicine Admissions Committee, 2004 – 2012
- University at Buffalo Health Sciences Institutional Review Board, 2005 – 2013
- Advisor, Six Towns Youth Court, 2000 – 2010
- Attorney Coach, New York State High School Mock Trial Competition, 1999 – 2003
- Town of Aurora Zoning Board of Appeals, 1999 – 2001