- New York
B.S., Cornell University
J.D., summa cum laude, SUNY Buffalo Law School
Emily represents counties, cities, towns, villages, school districts, fire districts, utility districts, and underwriters as bond counsel or special counsel on a range of general obligation, revenue bond, and lease/purchase and asset-backed financings. She is also heavily involved in the planning of school and municipal projects and works closely with financial advisors, architects and engineers, bond insurers, verification agents, escrow agents, and other market professionals.
Prior to becoming an associate, Emily participated in the Hodgson Russ summer associate program. She also served as a judicial intern for Hon. Richard J. Arcara in the U.S. District Court for the Western District of New York and worked as a paralegal at an intellectual property law firm in Williamsville, New York. Before law school, Emily was an elementary and high school teacher in Phoenix, Arizona, through Teach for America, a national service organization.
- Order of the Coif
- Former editor in chief, Buffalo Law Review
- Former editor, Buffalo Journal of Gender, Law, and Social Policy
- Dale S. Margulis Award (awarded to the member of the SUNY Buffalo Law School graduating class who made the greatest contribution to the school and its community), 2014
- Carlos C. Alden Award (awarded for greatest contribution to the Buffalo Law Review), 2014
- American Law Institute Continuing Legal Education Scholarship and Leadership Award, 2014
- Center for Computer-Assisted Legal Instruction Award for Academic Excellence in the following classes: Legislative Process, 2012; Natural Resources, 2013; Advanced Legal Writing and Research, 2013
- Advanced legal writing and research fellow, SUNY Buffalo Law School
- Press Release, May 19, 2015
- New York State Association of School Business Officials
- Association of Towns of the State of New York