- New York
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of New York
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of New York
B.S., magna cum laude, University at Buffalo, State University of New York
J.D., magna cum laude, SUNY Buffalo Law School
Joel concentrates his practice in environmental and energy law. His practice includes representing businesses and municipalities in a variety of commercial and contract-based litigation, as well as advising clients on regulatory compliance, regulatory enforcement actions, and environmental risk assessment issues.
Prior to joining Hodgson Russ, Joel was a commercial litigation associate at a Buffalo law firm. As a student, he served as a law clerk for New York State Supreme Court Justice Richard C. Kloch and at the Erie County District Attorney’s Office.
- Articles editor, Buffalo Law Review, 2012 - 2013
- Legal research and writing fellow, SUNY Buffalo Law School, 2012
- Listed, Upstate New York Super Lawyers Rising Stars, 2016
- Sixty-three Hodgson Russ Attorneys Named to 2016 Upstate New York Super Lawyers, Hugh Russ Listed Among Top 50Press Release, August 31, 2016
Joel contributes to Hodgson Russ's Clean and Green Law blog. His blog entries include: