Main Menu Main Content
Photo of Five-Year Travel History Now Available From U.S. Customs and Border Protection

Five-Year Travel History Now Available From U.S. Customs and Border Protection

Smarter Way to Cross Blog Archives
May 30, 2014

As of May 1, 2014, U.S. Customs and Border Protection (USCBP) upgraded its I-94 website by now giving non-immigrants* to the United States access to the last five years of their travel history. Previously, non-immigrants were only able to access their most recent arrival/departure record information. This new feature will assist travelers in documenting prior travel to the United States, which is needed for many immigration applications. Travelers can access their most recent arrival/departure information and travel history at

By way of background, USCBP’s Form I-94 arrival/departure record provides all non-immigrants proof of their lawful admission to the United States. This form verifies the most recent date of entry, class of admission (immigration status), “admit-until” date (length of admission), and in some cases, employment authorization.

When visiting the I-94 webpage, travelers can retrieve their arrival/departure record number and five-year travel history by entering their name as stated on their passport, their date of birth, and their passport number. To retrieve the most recent arrival/departure record, simply click on “Get Most Recent I-94.” Please note: this information does not reflect changes of status, extensions of stay, or adjustments of status (lawful permanent residence) granted by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. In order to obtain a traveler’s five-year travel history, travelers can click on “Get Travel History.” Both options allow travelers to print the records for their personal use.

This new feature of the I-94 website is designed to eliminate the need for persons to file Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests for their travel history. In fact, USCBP has requested that travelers cancel pending FOIA requests for travel history information assuming they have received the needed information from the website. To cancel a FOIA request, applicants should enter their FOIA request number and click on the "Request FOIA Cancellation" button. Another way to withdraw a pending FOIA request is for applicants to log into their FOIA account at and click on the “withdraw” button.

* Non-immigrants are people who enter the United States on a temporary basis: visitors for business and for pleasure, treaty traders and investors, students, temporary workers and trainees, exchange visitors, intracompany transferees, and religious workers, among others.