5 - 9 p.m.
The Offices of Hodgson Russ LLP
1540 Broadway, 24th Floor, New York, NY
(Entrance on 45th Street, East of Broadway)
NYCwomen.connect is an intimate forum and networking series designed to showcase female entrepreneurs from an array of industries before an audience of 100 to 150 male and female investors, business leaders, and other service professionals committed to promoting and supporting women in business.
Our keynote speaker is Nina Sodhi, CEO of Fon US. Nina oversees the company's activities in the United States, which includes strategy, new business development, day-to-day operations, and new product development. Prior to Fon, Nina was the CEO of Blu Trumpet, a mobile advertising startup that she developed and launched at IAC's incubator (Hatch Labs). Blu Trumpet was acquired by Breaktime Studios. She was also the COO of BumpTop (acquired by Google) and an investment banker at Merrill Lynch, where she focused on the technology sector. Nina holds an MBA from Harvard University and an electrical engineering degree from the University of Waterloo.
- Meals to Heal is a comprehensive cancer nutrition resource for patients and caregivers. The company, through its ecommerce model, provides home delivery of fresh, nutritious meals that are customized to meet the nutritional needs and mitigate the nutritional side effects experienced by cancer patients. Meals to Heal also provides nutrition support services, including access to evidence-based cancer nutrition information and oncology-credentialed dietitians for the purposes of dietetic counseling. The company currently delivers its healthy meals to all 48 continental United States. The company was started in 2011 by Susan Bratton, who started the business after losing a friend to a glioblastoma, and is headquartered in New York City.
- Veritey is a healthy living resource that combines curated content, e-commerce, and community engagement. For the first time, consumers can make "think-proof" decisions at the point of purchase because Veritey sells only safe, non-toxic products that work. Its mission is to shift share to companies pioneering a purer path in order to change the world for the healthier. Veritey's content is driven by scientific research yet delivered in a simple, accessible, and actionable way. Veritey cuts through the clutter and gets to the root of healthy living.
- Docwise enables physicians to enjoyably and efficiently stay up to date on their medical journals and clinical topics of interests via their iPad or iPhone. The amount of information available to all of us, including physicians, is escalating and the ways we access this information is radically changing. Docwise aims to be a defining part of the coming change to the interaction between medical journals and physicians.
5 - 5:30 p.m. Registration
5:30 - 6:15 p.m. Cocktail and networking reception
6:15 - 6:25 p.m. Introduction by Cathy A. Fleming, partner, Hodgson Russ LLP
Moderated by Stephanie O'Rourk, senior manager, CohnReznick, LLP
6:25 - 7 p.m. Keynote speaker: Nina Sodhi, CEO of Fon US
7 - 7:45 p.m. Presentations by:
- Susan Bratton, founder & CEO, Meals to Heal
- Amy Ziff, founder & chief capidealist(TM), Veritey
- Rosina Samadani, Ph.D., founder & president, docwise
7:45 - 9 p.m. - Networking