International Trade Regulation and Export Compliance Seminar
8:30 – 10 a.m.
The Offices of Hodgson Russ, The Guaranty Building, 140 Pearl St., Buffalo, NY
Registration at 8 a.m.
This program will examine recent trends in trade litigation and offer practical advice about how companies can use antidumping and countervailing laws to their advantage to protect a domestic industry from the threat of cheap imports. It will also provide an overview of key regulatory issues in U.S. export law.
- Basics of antidumping laws and regulations
- President Obama’s newly created Interagency Trade Enforcement Center to enforce trade laws
- Clean energy trade litigation, with a focus on the recent high-profile solar-panel and wind-tower cases
- Determining which export regulations govern your business
- The meaning of the word “export” under U.S. regulations
- The essentials of an effective export compliance program