When Litigation Looms: Data Preservation and Management Obligations
8:30 a.m.—10:30 a.m.
The offices of Hodgson Russ LLP
The Guaranty Building, 140 Pearl Street, Buffalo, NY
When a company faces the potential for litigation, is subject to a government investigation, or receives a subpoena, compliance with federal and state rules governing the management and preservation of relevant evidence is critical. Learn how recent case law and rule changes make document preservation everyone’s responsibility, along with ways management and IT departments can implement responsible policies for data storage, preservation, and destruction — which can save time and money later and help prevent the risk of having to settle or lose a case because of loss of evidence.
- IT's very important role in litigation
- Obligations to preserve data
- Establishing best practices for managing and preserving data
- Understanding forensic evidence
- Government investigations