The Hodgson Russ team servicing clients in the technology industry is made up of a group of dedicated attorneys who understand the dynamic needs of the tech world. We combine experience, technical knowledge, and keen legal skills to provide practical advice to clients on a daily basis. Our depth and breadth enables us to assist our clients in their basic corporate and business needs and to explore and exploit growth opportunities.
We service clients in many sectors of the technology industry, including automotive technology, biotechnology, clean technology, computer and software technology, defense technology, energy technology (including renewable energy), instrumentation technology, nanotechnology, semiconductor technology, and telecommunications and wireless technologies.
Our intellectual property attorneys, many of whom have advanced technical degrees or industry experience, work closely with clients to devise practical, meaningful strategies for global protection of intellectual property. Our corporate and business attorneys assist clients in the ordinary course of business and transactional work, including mergers and acquisitions, private equity, and other financial transactions, and in drafting and negotiating agreements to help commercialize our clients’ products and services. Our litigation team represents clients before the local courts and in the federal courts to ensure that our clients can defend themselves or pursue claims against others. We pride ourselves on keeping pace with the ever-changing face of technology and working as a team across various practice areas to provide our clients seamless, efficient service.
Our multidisciplinary services to technology clients include:
- Corporate and other formations
- Financing, including IPOs, private equity, and alternative funding sources
- Drafting and review of licensing and other technology agreements
- Intellectual property protection and portfolio building
- Regulatory compliance
- Labor and employment issues
- Temporary and permanent employment of foreign workers
- Litigation and arbitration
- $1.1 Billion Syndicated Secured Revolving Credit Facility
- $200 Million Private Placement for Precision Motion Control Products Manufacturer
- Assisted Software Company With $80 Million Acquisition
- Cloud-Computing Sales Tax Litigation on Behalf Information Services Provider
- Court Confirms Award of NYS DMV Contract to Hodgson Russ Client CBN Secure Technologies, Inc.
- Financing of $200 Million Nanoscience Office Building
- Representation of IDA in Issuance of $7 Million in Revenue Bonds to Finance Development of Technology Park
- Representation of Tech Client in Merger With Fortune 100 Company
- Buffalo Law Journal, March 7, 2016
- LXBN TV, July 23, 2014
- The Bulletin, January 1, 2016
- Intellectual Property & Technology Alert, March 13, 2015