Areas of Practice
- New York
B.A., cum laude, University of California at San Diego
J.D., summa cum laude, O.W. Coburn School of Law at Oral Roberts University
Since 1986, Anne has assisted clients with a wide range of business and nonprofit legal matters. She focuses her practice on assisting clients with trademarks, copyrights, licenses, and e-commerce. She advises on the availability, protection, and proper use of trademarks, both domestically and internationally. She prepares and prosecutes U.S. trademark and copyright applications and directs large corporate portfolios of international trademark registrations and enforcement activities. She has handled infringement, opposition, cancellation, licensing, domain name, social media, and other emerging intellectual property issues.
Anne also forms businesses, assists nonprofit groups with incorporating and obtaining 501(c)(3) status, counsels entities and individuals on many diverse business and operational issues, and drafts and negotiates a wide variety of agreements.
Anne has assisted large and small organizations located across the United States and internationally. In addition to her many years as an attorney, Anne has been a co-owner of a small business, served as a leader in a nonprofit organization, volunteered with a number of political advocacy groups, and taught undergraduate and graduate students as an adjunct professor. Calling upon these diverse experiences, she enjoys counseling her clients on business, nonprofit, and intellectual property issues.
- Tax Exempt Organizations From Start to FinishRochester, New York, June 16, 2016
- Buffalo, NY, June 12, 2014
- New York, NY, May 15, 2014
- Albany, NY, May 8, 2014
- Buffalo, NY, May 1, 2014
- Tax-Exempt Organizations Alert, December 1, 2016
- The Bulletin, October 2016
- Hodgson Russ Newsletter, August 30, 2016
- Relief in Sight for New York Nonprofits with Prospect of Additional Amendments to the Nonprofit Revitalization Act of 2013Tax-Exempt Organizations Alert, July 28, 2016
- The Bulletin, March 1, 2016
- The Bulletin, February 1, 2016
- The Bulletin, January 1, 2016
- Tax-Exempt Organizations Alert, December 15, 2015
- The Google Book Scanning ProjectThe Bulletin, December 1, 2015
- The Bulletin, November 2015
- The Bulletin, October 2015
- The Bulletin, May 2015
- The Bulletin, March 2015
Anne is a former chair of the Bar Association of Erie County Intellectual Property Law Committee and is a member of the Christian Legal Society.
Community & Pro Bono
Anne is an active parishioner at St. Bernadette R.C. Church and provides pro bono legal assistance to the board of a charity serving the urban community on Buffalo’s East Side. She enjoys running, cycling and camping.