- New York
- New Jersey
B.A., Princeton University
J.D., magna cum laude, Brooklyn Law School
Craig is an associate in the firm’s State & Local Tax Practice. Craig counsels businesses and individuals in a range of state and local tax issues, with a focus on New York State, New York City, New Jersey, and multistate tax issues.
Prior to joining Hodgson Russ, Craig was a judicial intern for the Honorable Jane A. Resanti of the U.S. Court of International Trade and an investigative analyst at the New York County District Attorney's Office.
Craig advises clients on all aspects of state and local tax from planning and compliance to controversy and litigation. He represents clients in disputes with the New York State Department of Taxation and Finance, New York City Department of Finance, and New Jersey Division of Taxation and is experienced in handling sales tax, corporate franchise tax, personal income tax, and residency audits.
- Order of the Barristers
- Former executive articles editor, Brooklyn Law Review
- Top 10 Oralist Award, Northeast Regional Philip C. Jessup International Moot Court Competition
Craig represents clients in all phases of administrative audit and appeal, in collection proceedings, in voluntary disclosure matters, and, if necessary, in litigation in administrative and state courts.
- Harvard Club, 35 W. 44th Street, New York, NY, July 20, 2016
- The Harvard Club, 35 W. 44th Street, New York, NY, Summer 2015
- State Tax Notes, October 17, 2016
- State & Local Tax Alert, May 2, 2016
- State Tax Notes, May 17, 2015
- State Tax Notes, February 10, 2014
- Softwood Lumber's Termite Problem: Why an Extension of the 2006 Softwood Lumber Agreement Is Right for Softwood Lumber but Wrong for the Multilateral Trading SystemBrooklyn Law Review, Fall 2012
Craig contributes to Hodgson Russ’s Noonan's Notes blog. His blog entries include:
- Beyond the Clouds: Important Sales Tax Considerations for Web-Hosting Providers and Co-Location Facilities
OCTOBER 8, 2015
- Out-of-State Attorney Not Subject to New York State Income Tax
AUGUST 19, 2015
- Revised Property Transfer Tax Return Form Requests Additional Information About Hidden Buyers of New York City Real Estate
JUNE 17, 2015
- Urban Justice Center Young Professional Board
- Princeton University Alumni Schools Committee of New York City
Community & Pro Bono
- Chair, Urban Justice Center’s Young Professional Board