Areas of Practice
- Design Protection & Design Patents
- Freedom‐to‐Operate Analyses
- Intellectual Property & Technology
- Intellectual Property Portfolio Management
- Patent Prosecution
- Privacy, Data Breach & Cybersecurity
- Startups & Emerging Companies
- Technology Licensing & Agreements
- Trademark & Domain Name Registration
B.S., Electrical Engineering, magna cum laude, SUNY Buffalo
J.D., magna cum laude, SUNY Buffalo Law School
Daniel is a law clerk and patent agent in the Intellectual Property & Technology Practice, where he focuses on the preparation and prosecution of patent applications. He also assists attorneys with trademark and copyright matters, and in advising start-up businesses and not-for-profit organizations.
While attending UB’s School of Law, Daniel was selected to participate in the Hodgson Russ summer associate program. His prior experience includes having worked as an electrical engineer in the aerospace industry as well as on patentability analysis of university technologies while working at the technology transfer office of the University at Buffalo.
- American Bar Association and the Bureau of National Affairs Award for Excellence in the Study of Intellectual Property Law, 2016
- SUNY Buffalo Law School Scholarship, 2015
- Lawrence H. Wagner '49 Endowment Award, 2014
- Ira S. Meiselman Scholarship, 2014
- Korniczky Intellectual Property Law Scholar, 2013
- Intellectual Property & Technology Alert, October 17, 2016
Community & Pro Bono
- Sugar City Arts Collaborative, Buffalo NY
Daniel is Vice President and co-founder of the Sugar City Arts Collaborative, an all-ages, volunteer-run not-for-profit venue for performing and creative artists. He takes a lead role in planning, fundraising and providing community outreach.
- Member, Torn Space Theater board of directors