Selecting, securing, maintaining, and protecting a brand requires a thoughtful strategy. It involves careful coordination within the United States and abroad. Hodgson Russ attorneys have a wealth of experience in all areas of trademark law and brand management. Our attorneys provide comprehensive and practical advice in the areas of trademark clearance and selection, trademark prosecution and registration, trademark portfolio development and management, trademark enforcement, and trademark transactions. We also work with a vast network of agents in jurisdictions throughout the world to provide strategic trademark counseling in numerous countries.
Our experience includes advising individuals, small businesses, large domestic and international companies, nonprofit corporations, and universities, all spanning a wide range of industries and disciplines. In particular, our services include:
- Trademark clearance searches and advice on protectability of marks
- Preparing, filing, and prosecuting applications before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and assisting with maintenance of registrations
- Assisting with global protection of marks
- Cease and desist letters, trademark oppositions and cancellations, Uniform Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy (UDRP) proceedings, and trademark litigation
- Trademark due diligence in transactions
- Advising on commercial intellectual property agreements, including franchising, licensing, and assignment transactions
An integral element of brand management involves protecting a brand’s online presence. Hodgson Russ attorneys assist with domain name registration services and work with clients to register Internet domain names through appropriate registrars and to secure website addresses for brands and businesses. Registering domain names at the outset allows clients to reap the benefits of broad exposure over the Internet while also limiting the risks of misuse by others.
- Touro Law Center, Long Island, New York, NY, April 13, 2016