Areas of Practice
- New York
- U.S. District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
B.A., Queens College
J.D., Georgetown University Law Center
As head of the Litigation Practice Area in Hodgson Russ’s New York City office, Joseph represents clients in all phases of federal and state civil litigation, U.S. and international arbitrations, and government regulatory and enforcement proceedings. He has successfully tried and argued cases nationwide and overseas.
As the leader of the firm's Telecommunications Law Practice, Joseph regularly serves international and domestic carriers, prepaid and rechargeable calling card distributors, cellular phone companies, and other clients in the telecommunications industry. He has extensive experience litigating a wide variety of telecommunications cases in state and federal courts nationwide, and in regulatory matters, including Federal Communications Commission (FCC) proceedings. He also plays an active role in advising emerging companies in diverse fields, including advertising, pharmaceutical, software, and real estate.
His experience includes successfully representing clients in domestic and international arbitrations before the Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Services (JAMS) and the American Arbitration Association (AAA). His recent international arbitration activity includes cases before the Stockholm Chamber of Commerce, ICC International Court of Arbitration, the London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA), and the Arbitration Foundation of Southern Africa (AFSA).
Joseph serves as outside general counsel for various U.S. public and private companies, providing advice on corporate, partnership, trademark, intellectual property, employment law, and other matters. As head of the firm's India Practice Group, he also represents numerous India-based companies with respect to U.S. operations and serves as a strategic and financial consultant for Indian companies seeking financing opportunities and investors in the United States.
- Georgia Court Dismisses Breach of Contract Suit in Favor of Hodgson Russ Client
- Successful Prosecution of Action to Foreclose on a Mortgage Given as Security
- Victory for Hindu Temple in New York State’s Highest Court
- Victory for U.S. Client Against Chinese Company Highlights Benefits of International Arbitration
- BIO City in Leipzig - The Future of Biotechnological Innovation in Germany: Cross-border Issues Facing Companies Seeking to do Business in the U.S.New York, NY, December 6, 2016
- India National Bar Association Panel Discussion: U.S. / Indian Cross Border Business IssuesNew York, NY, June 8, 2015
- Manhattan Chamber of Commerce Seminar: An Overview of General Middle Market IssuesNew York, NY, July 26, 2012
- American Bar Association International Law Section Seminar: U.S. and India: Key Legal Aspects of Cross-Border BusinessMumbai, India, January 20, 2012
- Federal, State, and City Taxes on Telecommunications and Other Utility TaxesNew York, NY, July 27, 2011
- June & July 2011
- Former legal chair, International Prepaid Communications Association
- Chair, National Bar Association of India New York
New York City Bar Association Telecommunications Committee
ICC International Court of Arbitration