Hodgson Russ regularly counsels clients on the intricacies of commercial leasing throughout the country. The firm’s experience includes advising on real estate brokerage contracts, construction agreements, tax credits and other governmental incentives, environmental matters, real estate issues for mergers and acquisitions, and commercial real estate financing. We have deep experience in retail, office, and a range of industrial properties.
Although our firm is headquartered in New York State, many of our clients seek our counsel for their entire U.S. real estate portfolio, using local counsel under our supervision where necessary for state-specific issues. Our clients have found that utilizing our firm for all of their U.S. real estate needs is efficient and cost effective. Among other things, it allows us to understand the business practices and strategic goals of our clients so we can, in turn, better help our clients achieve their real estate objectives. Because of our experience with real estate matters throughout the United States, we have developed extensive networks of brokers, surveyors, local counsel, and other professionals.
Our attorneys are available to work on transactions of all sizes, scopes, and levels of complexity, and we have the depth to handle multi-site, multi-state, deadline-driven real estate transactions. In addition to structuring deals and drafting and negotiating leases, we assist with reviewing site investigation materials, including title reports, surveys, covenants, easements, and environmental reports; structuring sale-leaseback transactions; and supporting and tracking site investigation and contingency deadlines.
We can assist at any stage in the transaction, including negotiating deal terms, overseeing due diligence, drafting contract and closing documents, and handling the closing. For some clients, we handle only a portion of the transaction, offering support to their in-house legal and real estate teams. For other clients, we handle a wider range of matters, as needed. In other words, we can do as much or as little as each client needs. We make available to our clients, to suit our clients’ particular needs, attorneys and para-professional staff with varying levels of experience.
Hodgson Russ has been awarded a prestigious “Best Law Firms” Metropolitan Tier 1 ranking by Best Lawyers/U.S. News & World Report in the Real Estate Law category.
- 2014 & 1999 Buffalo Bills Leases of Ralph Wilson Stadium
- Acquisition of More Than 500 Bank Branches Representing $6.5 Billion in Deposits
- Acquisition of School Campus on Behalf of School District Client
- Counsel to Iskalo Development Corporation
- Key Center Condominium Formation & Lease to IBM
- Lead Counsel to City of Buffalo in Connection With Construction of Baseball Stadium
- Lease Agreement for Delaware North Companies, Inc. World Headquarters
- Multiple Real Estate Transactions for Publicly Traded Financial Institution
- Real Estate Counsel to IDEX Corporation
- Represented Municipal Client on Cell Tower Project
- SUNY Student Housing Development and Operation
- Hodgson Russ Earns Five National-Level Rankings in U.S. News & World Report/Best Lawyers 'Best Law Firms' ReportPress Release, November 18, 2015
- Commercial Lease Law Insider, June 2015
- Buffalo Law Journal, March 17, 2014
- M&A Trends: What You Need to Know When Negotiating and Drafting Commercial LeasesOctober 28, 2015
- July 16, 2015
- International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC) Canadian Law Conference: Dealing With U.S.-Based TenantsToronto, ON, April 14, 2015
- Strafford Webinar: Real Estate Leasing Letters of Intent - Obtaining Favorable Terms and Avoiding Protracted NegotiationsFebruary 12, 2015
- Commercial Lease Law Insider, June 2014