Areas of Practice
- New York
B.A., cum laude, Boston University
J.D., cum laude, SUNY Buffalo Law School
Trish is a member of the firm’s Corporate & Business Law and Tax-Exempt Organizations Practice Groups. She focuses her practice on nonprofit law, advising nonprofit organizations in matters relating to legal requirements and best practices in connection with governance and operational matters, with particular emphasis on issues involving formation of nonprofit organizations, obtaining and maintaining tax-exempt status, intermediate sanctions, donor-advised funds, board governance, joint ventures, mergers and restructuring.
In addition, Trish counsels corporate clients on general corporate issues and general business matters for clients involved in a variety of industries.
Prior to joining Hodgson Russ, Trish was an attorney in the corporate/investment management practice group of Ropes & Gray LLP in its Manhattan office, where she advised investment management clients in connection with a diverse range of funds and investment products, including but not limited to mutual funds, private investment funds, venture capital funds, and offshore funds.
At SUNY Buffalo Law School, Trish was editor-in-chief of the Buffalo Human Rights Law Review.
Trish routinely gives presentations to clients’ Boards and management on corporate governance and legal updates
- 2016 Lumsden McCormick Exempt Conference: Legal Considerations for Tax Exempt EntitiesBuffalo Niagara Marriott, 1340 Millersport Highway, Amherst, NY, November 17, 2016
- Panelist for Lawley Not-for-Profit Workshop: Managing Financial ChallengesBuffalo, NY, June 11, 2015
- New York, NY, May 15, 2014
- Albany, NY, May 8, 2014
- Buffalo, NY, May 1, 2014
- Buffalo, NY, February 13, 2014
- Tax-Exempt Organizations Alert, December 1, 2016
- Hodgson Russ Newsletter, August 30, 2016
- Relief in Sight for New York Nonprofits with Prospect of Additional Amendments to the Nonprofit Revitalization Act of 2013Tax-Exempt Organizations Alert, July 28, 2016
- Tax-Exempt Organizations Alert, December 15, 2015
- Corporation Law: New YorkPractical Law Company, April 3, 2015
- May 14, 2014
- New York Nonprofit Revitalization Act of 2013 to Have Significant Impact on State's Nonprofit CorporationsJD Supra, February 24, 2014
- Investment Management Alert, June 22, 2012
- November 11, 2011
- Investment Management Alert, July 23, 2010
- April 16, 2010
- Investment Management Alert, May 6, 2009
- American Bar Association
Community & Pro Bono
Trish served as a member of the International Institute of Buffalo (IIB) board of directors from March 2011 until February 2016, including service as co-Chair of the IIB board from 2014 – 2015 and Vice Chair of the IIB board from 2013 – 2014. She served as an advisory board member of Buffalo Niagara 360 and a board member of the SUNY Buffalo Law School Graduates of the Last Decade (GOLD) Group from 2011 to 2014.
Trish served as an alumni mentor for the University at Buffalo New York City Program in Finance and Law (2007-2010) and served as an alumni mentor for the SUNY Buffalo Law School annual mentoring program for law students.