Areas of Practice
- New York
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Courts for the Southern, Eastern, and Western Districts of New York
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. Courts of Appeals for the Federal, Second, and Third Circuits
B.A., Queens College, City University of New York
J.D., cum laude, Touro College Jacob D. Fuchsberg Law Center
Neil has extensive experience in intellectual property law. His practice concentration includes trademark prosecution, trademark management of international portfolios, trademark enforcement and anti-counterfeiting, licensing and transactional agreements, and intellectual property litigation before U.S. federal courts and the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board of the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
Neil regularly counsels clients and businesses regarding the adoption of their trademarks, branding techniques and strategies, advertising, and social media issues. When disputes arise, Neil’s experience, knowledge base, and hands-on and attentive approach render him well positioned to obtain cost-effective results for his clients.
Prior to joining Hodgson Russ, Neil was partner at an intellectual property law firm with offices in New York City and New Jersey. There, he was responsible for the management of the trademark portfolios for a variety of companies, both domestically and internationally. Neil also served for five years as a senior assistant district attorney in Suffolk County, New York, where he was responsible for the investigation and prosecution of trademark counterfeiting, computer crimes, and other white collar crimes.
- Notes and comments editor, Touro International Law Review
- American Jurisprudence Award for Academic Excellence in Contracts II
- West Publishing Corpus Juris Secundum Award for Excellence in Contracts II
- NY Law School Fashion Law Symposium 2016: Fashion Brand Protection Initiatives and Anti-Counterfeiting in the Digital AgeNew York Law School, 185 West Broadway, New York, NY, October 21, 2016
- Touro Law Center, Long Island, New York, NY, April 13, 2016
- New York Diamond Dealers Club, 580 5th Ave, New York, NY, March 16, 2016
- PATENT—D.N.J.: Medical device patents not deemed unenforceable due to erroneous small-entity fee paymentsWolters Kluwer IP Law Daily, October 31, 2016
- Intellectual Property & Technology Alert, October 15, 2015
- International Trademark Association