Complex legal disputes require a thorough, strategic plan for the disclosure of electronically stored information (ESI) early in the pre-trial process. Hodgson Russ’s litigation attorneys have extensive experience creating and successfully carrying out risk-minimizing e-discovery plans for clients in a wide range of industries.
One of the major reasons Hodgson Russ is able to work effectively with ESI is our full-time staff dedicated to assisting clients with accessing relevant, responsive information. Our litigation ESI team is trained in a variety of document management software packages and work regularly with e-discovery vendors. Our e-discovery professionals work with clients and their IT personnel in the early stages of disputes or investigations. We design a custom plan for identification, review, and analysis of documents, while minimizing disruption to a client’s business and keeping costs reasonable. We can scale up for large document cases or scale back to maximize efficiency without jeopardizing the merits of the matter.
We regularly assist clients with:
- Capturing archived information
- Computer forensics
- Creation of appropriate litigation hold documents
- Management of confidential data, trade secrets, and other intellectual property
- Electronic presentations at hearings and trials
- Policies for using computers, the Internet, e-mail, and other electronic communication tools
- Policies on document creation, retention, and destruction
- Avoiding (and Surviving!) Contract Disputes – Common Pitfalls of Contract Drafting That Land You in CourtFebruary 2016
- Buffalo, NY, June 24, 2015
- Erie Institute of Law Seminar: E-Discovery - Preservation and Avoiding SpoliationBuffalo, NY, December 17, 2014
- Erie Institute of Law Seminar: Everything You Need to Know About E-Discovery, the Short VersionBuffalo, NY, September 11, 2014
- Eighth Judicial District Judicial Meeting: ESI - Who Pays?Buffalo, NY, May 2012
- Buffalo, NY, March 31, 2010