Hodgson Russ’s Construction Practice helps clients meet their unique project goals by understanding, minimizing, and balancing risks. Our attorneys have extensive experience with construction industry contracts, industry practices, and compliance issues. We understand the importance of protecting clients’ interests at each stage of a project, from the design phase through bidding, negotiation, contracting, and dispute resolution. We are frequently involved in a project from its inception, assisting in planning, obtaining environmental and other approvals, and drafting project agreements.
The scope of our construction services is extensive, encompassing transactional issues, environmental law matters, labor and personnel concerns, financing, insurance, government compliance, and dispute resolution. Our attorneys draft and negotiate public and private contracts for projects of all sizes and significance, including owner-contractor, owner-designer, design-build, construction management, joint venture, subcontractor, and supply agreements. Our attorneys represent clients in defending and prosecuting claims of all types, from liens to contractual disputes.
Through preparation, counseling, and planning, we help our construction clients avoid, whenever possible, the costs and disruptions of legal disputes. When litigation is necessary, our attorneys represent clients aggressively in court, arbitration, and administrative proceedings. We are also experienced in mediation and other dispute resolution techniques. Most important, we have a proven track record of success.
Hodgson Russ’s skills and experience create enduring relationships throughout the construction industry. Located across the United States and Canada, our clients include owners, contractors, architects, engineers and other design professionals, builders, subcontractors, suppliers, sureties, insurers, and lenders.
Hodgson Russ was awarded a prestigious “Best Law Firms” Metropolitan Tier 1 ranking by Best Lawyers/U.S. News & World Report in the Litigation—Construction category.
- $142 Million Joint Venture for Construction of Senior Housing Projects
- Appeal Helps Limit Liability for Construction Companies
- Buffalo Sabres’ HARBORCENTER Project
- City of Buffalo $1 Billion Public School Refurbishment
- Defense of Public Housing Authority in Contractor Lawsuit & Pursuit of Counterclaims
- Development and Environmental Litigation in Connection With Municipal Courthouse Project
- Development of a $375 Million Medical School
- Dismissal of Claims on Behalf of Public Authority
- District-Wide School Renovation Project in Pennsylvania
- Lockport Ice Arena and Sports Center Development & Construction
- Public-Private Partnership for Transportation Authority Bus Garage
- SUNY Student Housing Development and Operation
- Buffalo, NY, March 26, 2009