Hodgson Russ’s Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A) Practice is international in scope. The firm represents acquiring and selling companies, private investors, venture capitalists, financial advisors, investment bankers, boards and committees, and numerous others in M&A transactions across the United States and around the world. We represent a wide array of clients in a variety of industries, including the manufacturing, aerospace and defense, life sciences, and services industries, among numerous others. We also handle deals for small and closely held businesses as well as very large deals for our larger public and private company clients, including deal sizes in excess of a billion dollars.
Our attorneys routinely represent clients in mergers, acquisitions, sales and divestitures, dispositions of securities and corporate assets, and other types of reorganizations. We assist in all aspects of the transaction, from financing, regulatory approval, due diligence, and valuation to operational issues. We have experience in substantial transactions involving industrial development, leveraged leases, negotiated and hostile takeovers, leveraged buyouts, management buyouts, spin-offs, going-private transactions, redemptions, recapitalizations, secured and unsecured lending, Eurodollar financings, and interest rate swaps.
Additionally, Hodgson Russ provides comprehensive services to address other legal issues that may arise in the context of M&A transactions, including tax, labor and employment, employee benefits, real estate, intellectual property, and governance matters.
Hodgson Russ has been awarded a prestigious “Best Law Firms” Metropolitan Tier 1 ranking by Best Lawyers/U.S. News & World Report in the Mergers & Acquisitions Law category.
- $200 Million International Sale of Ferrosilicon Company
- $275 Million Manufacturing Company Merger
- $300 Million Joint Venture in Heat Transfer Industry
- $750 Million Acquisition of HVAC Company
- Acquisition of European Chemical Manufacturing Plant Requires Tax Planning, Debt Financing & Environmental Services
- Assisted a Canada-Based Foam Products Manufacturer With a U.S. Asset Purchase
- Assisted Software Company With $80 Million Acquisition
- Merger on Behalf of Privately Held Confectionery Company
- Representation of Lumber Company in Multiple Acquisitions Per Year
- Representation of Tech Client in Merger With Fortune 100 Company
- Sale of Canadian Company With U.S. Assets to Australian Acquirer
- U.S. Counsel for Calgary-Based Private Equity Firm's Multimillion-Dollar Investments in Companies With U.S. Operations
- $150 Million Merger and Tender Offer for Medical Device Manufacturer
- June 3, 2016
- Press Release, June 15, 2015
- M&A Trends: What You Need to Know When Negotiating and Drafting Commercial LeasesOctober 28, 2015
- JD Supra, January 21, 2014
- November 9, 2010